For the second time, France will host the Squash Women’s World Team Championship in Paris and Issy-les-Moulineaux from the 27th of November to the 3rd of December 2016. This event is held every two years and will celebrate this year its 20th anniversary !
Known for having great experience in organizing international events, the FFSquash was chosen to host this 2016 event by the WSF after the success of the same competition in Nimes in 2012, and of the Men’s World Team Championship in Mulhouse in 2013. For this 20th anniversary, the event will take place in the French capital, which will enable great exposure for squash worldwide.
This year, England will defend their title won two years ago in Niagara Falls in Canada. The several times European champion English team will face strong opponents, especially Egypt, which with four top 10 players will be the favorite of this WWTC2016. Malaysia will try and reach the final again, two years after being runner-ups in Canada. Squash’s great stars will be in Paris, like the World No.1 Nour El Sherbini, England’s Laura Massaro, and Malaysian iconic Nicol David. CLICK HERE to see which teams will compete for this 2016 title.
The host team, France, ended up 6th twice in 2010 and 2014, which is their best result. But this year with Camille Serme and Coline Aumard, they seem to have the best chances to beat their result, and even hope to be on the podium. This will guarantee a great atmosphere on the glass court !
The competition will take place from the 27th of November to the 3rd of December in three different clubs. quash Saint-Cloud and Jeu de Paume will host the group matches and the ranking games. A glass court will be set up in the Palais des Sports in Issy-les-Moulineaux with a full capacity of 1000 spectators. A great show is expected in this arena !
Here is the programme of the competition below (this schedule can be submitted to changes) :
- Sunday 27th November : Opening Ceremony – Palais des Sports Robert Charpentier
- Monday 28th November : Group matches Jour 1 – Squash Club Saint-Cloud & Jeu de Paume
- Tuesday 29th November : Group matches Jour 2 – Squash Club Saint-Cloud & Jeu de Paume
- Wednesday 30th November : Group matches Jour 3 – PDS Robert Charpentier & Squash Club Saint-Cloud
- Thursday 1st December : Quarter-finals and ranking matches – PDS Robert Charpentier & Squash Club Saint-Cloud
- Friday 2nd December : Semi-finals at the PDS Robert Charpentier – Ranking matches Squash Club Saint-Cloud
- Saturday 3rd December : FINAL at the PDS Robert Charpentier – Ranking matches at the Squash Club Saint-Cloud
Tickets will be on sale by the end of September, stay updated !
You want to sponsor the event? You have any question? Please contact the Communication, Marketing and Event service of the FFSquash via email or phone at +33 1 55 12 34 98.